Terms and Conditions and Rules for the Runner's Points Program
Runner’s Points ("Program" or "Runner’s Points" or "Runner’s Points Program") is a unique loyalty program that is fully owned and operated by Loyalty Benefits, Inc. ("LB"). The Program lets members earn points when they make purchases at their local running store ("Participating Merchants"), as well as when they make purchases through a network of marquee Online Retailers. Those points that are earned are then redeemable for purchases made at the Participating Merchant associated with your Runner’s Points account. Runner’s Points utilizes commission-based affiliate marketing from our Online Retailers, and is accessed through RunnersPoints.com (the "Site").
- Runner's Points is free to Members, and membership and benefits are offered at the discretion of LB and the Program’s Participating Merchants. Members are under no obligation to participate in the Program or to redeem points with Participating Merchants. LB has the right to terminate the Program or to change the Program Rules, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or reward point levels, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of the reward points or certificates already accumulated. LB or Participating Merchants may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any award; change the terms of any offers which qualify Members to receive rewards, change the redemption value of redemption certificates or Points; change the point threshold at which Points may be redeemed; Modify or regulate the transferability of awards or benefits. Members, in accumulating points or certificates, may not rely upon the continued availability of an award or award level, and members may not be able to obtain all offered awards or use awards on all purchases with the respective Participating Merchant.
- Participation in the Runner's Points Program is subject to any terms and conditions, rules, regulations, policies and procedures ("Program Rules") that LB may, at its discretion, adopt from time to time. LB has the sole right to interpret and apply the Program Rules. Any failure to follow Program Rules, any abuse of Program privileges, any violation of law, rule or regulation, any conduct detrimental to the interests of LB or its Participating Merchants or suppliers, any fraudulent activity or attempted fraudulent activity, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to LB or its affiliates by any member, or anyone else acting on the member’s behalf, may result in the termination by LB of such member’s membership, the loss or cancellation of accrued Points, certificates, awards or benefits, or both, or the loss of other Program benefits. Terminated members shall not be eligible to participate in any aspect of the Program, and members whose accounts have been terminated shall not be eligible to enroll with new accounts.
- LB reserves the right to audit any and all Runner's Points accounts at any time to ensure compliance with the Program Rules, without notice to the Program member. During the course of an audit or investigation a member’s account information may be shared with any third party with whom LB has contracted to assist in performing such audit or investigation. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies or possible violations, LB may cancel any outstanding reward certificates or suspend the Runner's Points account of a member pending completion of the audit. While the account is suspended, the member may continue to accrue points in the account, but no redemptions will be permitted and any outstanding reward certificates will be cancelled. Upon completion of the audit, if a discrepancy or violation has been determined by LB, in addition to any other remedies described herein, points may be removed from the account of the member to remedy such discrepancy or violation with or without notice to the member.
- Each member shall be responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the Program Rules and the amount of points in such member’s account. LB shall attempt to advise active members of various matters of interest through such means as may be appropriate, such as account summaries, emails, newsletters and its website, but LB shall have no liability for any failure to do so. Each member shall be responsible for keeping their member information current (updating any change of address, email address, phone number, or other registered personal information) and LB shall have no liability for any Member’s failure to earn points as a result of a failure to do so. The most current Program Rules may be found on RunnersPoints.com and this is the final authority on the Program Rules.
- The accumulation of points or reward certificates and the redemption of rewards are subject to specific Program Rules enacted by LB. Each member is responsible for reading those materials in order to understand such member’s rights and responsibilities under the Program. No points, benefits, certificates or rewards earned or granted under the Program may be transferred or assigned except as expressly permitted by LB in writing or under programs fully authorized and/or sponsored by LB.
- The Runner's Points Program is maintained for the benefit and participation of individual members only. Only individuals are eligible for Runner's Points membership, and each individual member may maintain only one account for each Participating Merchant in the Program. Additionally, while a member may have separate accounts with separate merchants in the program, the member must provide a distinct email address for each account, and cannot utilize the same email address for multiple accounts. Duplicate accounts with the same Participating Program Merchant in the Program will be subject to cancellation and LB will not be responsible for aggregating points or reward certificates from multiple accounts into any remaining account. Only one member may be enrolled per Program account. Program membership accounts are nontransferable. Only the member named on the account will be entitled access to account information. Account information is LB’s and Participating Program Merchants’ proprietary information and members may access information only for the purpose of obtaining information about their account. No member may delegate or grant access (via power of attorney, contract, or otherwise) to a third party. Account information may be reproduced for use by the applicable member but must contain copyright and proprietary notices and redistribution in any way requires LB’s written permission.
- Accrued Points and certificates have no cash value, do not constitute property of the member, and are not transferable other than as authorized and/or sponsored by LB.
- By participating in the Runner's Points Program, members understand and acknowledge that their names, addresses and other account information may be shared with some or all Runner's Points Participating Merchants and the suppliers of LB, and that they may receive promotional materials, mailings and emails from LB and its Participating Merchants. A member may, however, opt"out of receiving promotional emails by following the opt-out link attached to a promotional email, or by cancelling their Runner's Points account through the customer service function on the Runner's Points website.
Participating Merchants, Participating Online Retailers
- The Runner's Points Program Participating Merchants include independently owned and operated running stores in the United States who have contracted with LB to offer the Runner's Points program to their customers. Participating Merchants have one or more physical store locations where Program Members can earn points when making qualifying transactions, and where members can redeem points subject to the terms of the Program. The Participating Merchants are independent entities, and LB is not responsible for the nature or quality of products or services provided by those Participating Merchants, nor for any solicitation efforts by those partners. Points accrual offered to Program members for making qualifying transactions in a Participating Merchant’s store can vary based upon the offers that the Participating Merchant makes available to Members.
- Each Member will have the option of earning points by shopping with a network of online retailers ("Online Retailers"). To earn points with Online Retailers, the Member will need to select an Online Retailer found on the Site, click the link to that Online Retailer’s website, and complete a transaction with that Online Retailer subject to the terms and conditions displayed on the Site.
- Points will be accrued in such member’s Runner's Points account only when the member avails themselves of the means of accrual recognized under the Program, which currently includes making qualifying purchases with Participating Merchants or making qualifying online purchases with a group of Online Retailers after following a link to that Online Retailer’s website from the member’s logged in online Runner's Points account.
- Points can be accrued only after the member’s official enrollment date, and can be applied only to the member’s account. LB expressly reserves the right to establish additional means of accruing points, to delete or modify any or all of the means currently recognized or to exclude specific types of transactions from the accumulation of points, in each case, with or without notice.
- While Members can have a separate Runner's Points account associated with each Participating Merchant, points earned for purchases in a Participating Merchant’s store will only be credited to the Member’s account which is associated with that Participating Merchant. Similarly, points earned for purchases made with Online Retailers will only be credited to the Runner's Points account from which the logged in member followed the link to the Online Retailer’s website.
- Points earned when making qualifying transactions with Participating Merchants will be marked as "pending" for a 45 day period, during which these points will not be available for redemption. Points earned when making qualifying transactions with Online Retailers will be available for redemption as soon as they post to the Member’s account (subject to other Program rules regarding redemption), but will not post to the Member’s account until LB receives payment for commissions owed to it from the Online Retailer where the qualifying transaction was made. If payment is never made for any reason, these points will not post to the Member’s account.
- LB will remove points from the Member’s account if the Member reverses a qualifying transaction (for example, returns merchandise with an Online Retailer or Participating Merchant for a refund).
- If LB or any Runner's Points Participating Merchant improperly denies a member an accrual or benefit, liability will be limited to the equivalent of that accrual or benefit.
- LB and Participating Merchants will have no liability for the member’s failure to adhere to the requirements to qualify for any offer. This includes, but is not limited to, failure to follow a link to an Online Retailer’s website from a logged in account prior to making a purchase with an Online Retailer, failure to enable cookies on the Member’s browser prior to making a purchase from an Online Retailer, failure of the member to correctly identify him or herself when making a purchase in a Participating Merchant’s store, or failure to meet any threshold, frequency, or other special offer requirements.
- Only the member associated with the Runner's Points account which is used with Participating Merchant transactions may receive points credit for qualifying transactions with that Participating Merchant.
- LB and Participating Merchants reserve the right to make bonus points and promotional offers selectively available to certain members at any time based on factors determined at LB’s and or Participating Merchants’ sole discretion.
- LB will, in most cases, credit its members’ accounts with accrued points. However, each member shall have the responsibility to ensure that such member’s points are properly credited. Where a member contends that points has been earned but not credited, or in cases where LB deems verification is required, LB reserves the right to require proof of accrual from the member, including but not limited to copies of receipts or similar documentation verifying any transactions claimed to have been performed. Any claims for points by the member and proof of accrual must be received by LB within one-hundred-twenty (120) days after the date such points were claimed to be earned. Each member shall have the responsibility to notify LB of any erroneous or fraudulent points deduction from such member’s account within one–hundred–twenty (120) days of the date of the deduction. LB will review such member’s claim and reserves the right to require proof, documentation or certification from such member during the review. Crediting back to such member’s account the points claimed to be erroneously deducted will be determined by LB in its sole discretion after review and LB’s decision will be considered final. A member who requests a credit to their account can expect resolution within one-hundred-twenty (120) business days.
- LB and shall have no liability for Participating Merchant or Online Retailer withdrawals from the Program or for award changes or cancellations caused by Participating Merchant withdrawals, discontinued Program or Participating Merchant service, or Participating Merchant business insolvency or closure. If an Online Retailer does not appear in the search results of this Site on the date you purchase a service or product from that Online Retailer, then the merchant is not currently participating in the Program and shall not be deemed an Online Retailer for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions and Rules. LB is not a party to the transactions entered into between you and Participating Merchants or Online Retailers.
- Any member who fails at any time to engage in account activity for a period of eighteen (18) consecutive months is subject to termination of such member’s membership and/or forfeiture of all accrued points as of the last day of the 18th month. "Account Activity," for purposes of these rules, shall be deemed to occur when a member accrues points in such member’s account in any manner as outlined and set forth in these Rules, or as otherwise approved by LB, or when the member redeems any points or reward certificate by the use of points in the member’s account. In cases where points are removed from an account for any reason other than as a redemption, the removal of the points from the account shall not qualify as "Account Activity."
- Points accrued in a member’s account shall be maintained in the account until it is redeemed for an award or until it expires, whichever occurs first.
- Points accrued shall only be subject to expiration on the last day of the eighteen (18) months after the last Account Activity in the member’s account. In cases where points are removed from an account for any reason other than as a redemption, the removal of the points from the account shall not qualify as "Account Activity."
- Points will be eligible to be redeemed once the member’s point balance meets or exceeds the balance of 2,500 points. Points can only be redeemed in blocks of 2,500 points.
- A member may only redeem points in person when making a transaction at one of the stores of the Participating Merchant associated with the account where points were earned. When a member chooses to redeem a block of 2,500 points in a Participating Merchant’s store, that member will receive a discount of $25 off a single purchase.
- Points earned in two or more different accounts may not be combined to redeem any award.
- Member agrees to take full responsibility for and to pay in full any taxes owed to any applicable taxing authority as a result of that member earning or redeeming points or receiving any other benefit as a result of their participation in the Program.
- The redemption structure is subject to modification, cancellation or limitation at LB’s discretion, with or without notice. The amount of points required to redeem at a Participating Merchant’s store may be substantially increased, any reward certificate or points may be withdrawn, the value of the discount the member receives when redeeming may be modified, and restrictions on any point redemption may be imposed at any time.
Cookies, Links to Other Sites, and Other Technology
- Pages of the Site may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content).
- This Site and/or Mobile App contain links to third party web sites. These links are provided only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link is not and does not imply an affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, approval, investigation, verification or monitoring by LB of any information contained in any third-party site. In no event shall LB be responsible for the information contained on that site or your use of or inability to use such site. Access to any other web site linked to the Site is at your own risk. You should be aware that linked sites may contain rules and regulations, privacy provisions, confidentiality provisions, transmission of personal data provisions, and other provisions that differ from the provisions provided on the Site. LB is not responsible for such provisions, and expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such provisions.
- Participation in the Runner's Points Program is for residents of the United States who are 18 years old or older.
- The Runner's Points Program, and RunnersPoints.com are being provided by LB "as is" and "as available." To the maximum extent permitted by law, LB disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, with respect to Runner's Points, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. You agree that LB will not be liable for any costs or damages arising out of a dispute between you and any Participating Merchant or Online Retailer, and you hereby expressly waive any such claim against LB and its members, officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, suppliers, agents and representatives. LB does not make any representations or guarantees regarding any goods or services offered or provided by Participating Merchants, Online Retailers, or suppliers. LB does not make any representations that access to this site will be uninterrupted or error–free, and LB assumes no responsibility for any damage caused by your access, or inability to access, this site, including, but not limited to, your inability to receive points by purchasing items with a Participating Merchant or Online Retailer, or your ability to redeem points when making a purchase with a Participating Merchant.
- LB NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES, THIRD-PARTY VENDORS, ANY LOYALTY–PROGRAM PROCESSOR, PARTICIPATING MERCHANT, OR PAYMENT-CARD NETWORK, WILL BE LIABLE OR HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY KIND FOR: (A) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT YOU INCUR IN THE EVENT OF ANY FAILURE OR INTERRUPTION OF THIS SITE, OR RESULTING FROM THE ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS SITE, THE DATA CONTAINED HEREIN, OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS SITE AVAILABLE TO YOU, OR FROM ANY OTHER CAUSE RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO, INABILITY TO ACCESS, OR USE OF THE SITE OR THESE MATERIALS, WHETHER OR NOT THE CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CAUSE MAY HAVE BEEN WITHIN THE CONTROL OF LB OR OF ANY VENDOR PROVIDING SOFTWARE OR SERVICES; OR (B) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT COULD RESULT FROM INTERCEPTION BY THIRD PARTIES OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU VIA THIS SITE AND/OR MOBILE APP.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL LB, ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, THIRD"PARTY VENDORS, ANY LOYALTY"PROGRAM PROCESSOR, OR PAYMENT"CARD NETWORK, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND PARTICIPATING MERCHANTS, ONLINE RETAILERS, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON PARTICIPATING MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO THE Runner's Points SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LB, ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, THIRD–PARTY VENDORS, ANY LOYALTY–PROGRAM PROCESSOR, PARTICIPATING MERCHANT, OR PAYMENT-CARD NETWORK BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ERRORS IN CALCULATING REWARDS OR IN POSTING POINTS OR QUALIFYING PURCHASES TO YOUR ACCOUNT), REGARDLESS OF WHETHER LB, THE LOYALTY–PROGRAM PROCESSOR, OR PAYMENT–CARD NETWORK WAS MADE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE. THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, THE TRANSMISSION OF ANY VIRUSES WHICH MAY INFECT YOUR EQUIPMENT, FAILURE OF MECHANICAL OR ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT, FAILURE of COMMUNICATION LINES, TELEPHONE, OR OTHER INTERCONNECT PROBLEMS (E.G., YOU CANNOT ACCESS YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER), UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO TRANSACTION DATA OR PERSONAL INFORMATION), THEFT, OPERATOR ERRORS, STRIKES OR OTHER LABOR PROBLEMS, OR ANY FORCE MAJEURE. LB CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED, OR SECURE ACCESS TO THE SITE AND/OR MOBILE APP.
IN NO EVENT SHALL LB BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE TOTAL VALUE OF THE REWARDS YOU SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED FOR QUALIFYING PURCHASES IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS PERIOD PRECEEDING THE EVENTS GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY.
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You may participate in the Runner's Points Program if and to the extent that such participation is permitted by such laws, rules and regulations. LB may refuse to enroll, restrict, modify or terminate your username, password and registration without liability to you or any other third party if you violate any law, rule or regulation, of if your participation could violate any law, rule or regulation.
- All right, title, and interest in this Site and any content contained herein is the exclusive property of LB or its suppliers. This Site is intended for personal, non–commercial use. You may print, copy, and download any information or portion of this Site for your personal use only. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, frame, create derivative works from, transfer, or otherwise use in any other way for commercial or public purposes in whole or in part any information, software, products, or services obtained from this Site, except for the purposes expressly provided herein, without LB’s prior written approval. Unauthorized use of this Site and or any LB systems, including, but not limited to, unauthorized entry into LB’s systems, misuse of passwords, or misuse of any other information, is strictly prohibited. You may not use this Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any LB Site or Service or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any LB Site or Service. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any LB Site or Service, or any computer systems or networks connected to any LB Site or Service, through hacking, password mining, or any other means.
- LB reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, without any obligation and without any notice requirement, to change, improve, or correct the information, materials, and descriptions on this Site and to suspend and/or deny access to this Site for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance, upgrades, improvements, or corrections. The information and materials on this Site may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies. Any dated information is published as of its date only, and LB does not undertake any obligation or responsibility to update or amend any such information. LB may discontinue or change any product or service described in or offered on this Site at any time.
- You acknowledge that RunnersPoints.com and Runner's Points Program content, including but not limited to: text, sounds, photographs, graphics, or other material contained in any Runner's Points communication, advertisements or messages, whether by LB, Runner's Points, service and software are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. You are only permitted to use content, service, or software as expressly authorized by LB and Participating Merchants, as the case may be.
- Participants in the Program who buy products or services from Participating Merchants or Online Retailers will be deemed to be customers of such Participating Merchant or Online Retailer. All rules, policies (including privacy policies), and operating procedures of such Participating Merchant or Online Retailer will apply to those persons while on such Participating Merchant’s or Online Retailer’s site or local store location. LB is not responsible for information provided by you to these merchants or retailers.
- The people represented on the Runner's Points Site are models and we chose these images to illustrate the engagement Runner's Points Members have with our Program.
- Any violation of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement is grounds for termination of your account with Runner's Points. If your account with Runner's Points is terminated for any reason, either by you or by LB, you shall forfeit any and all earned points in your account.
- LB’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado, without reference to conflicts of law rules, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the courts located in Denver, Colorado for all matters in connection with this Agreement or your participation in the Runner's Points program or use of RunnersPoints.com.
- Any provision (or part thereof) of this Agreement which is found to be invalid, prohibited, or unenforceable, shall be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition and unenforceable, without invalidating the remainder of the provision or the remaining provisions hereof. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, each of the parties hereto hereby waives any provision of law which prohibits or renders unenforceable any provisions hereof in any respect.
© 2014 Rewards 4 Group, LLC.
All rights reserved.